September 25, 2011

He Went That Away

PDub and family stopped by for visit today and we were enjoying some front porch/sandbox time when Mama at Law stepped out to chat.  She sat down on the front steps, and PDub muttered something about going to find Suzie, the Lab, as he wandered around the corner of the house.  Well, literally, 20 seconds later, when he had not reappeared, I decided to check on him. 

Gone.

Vanished.

I stuck my head in the back door and asked Papallama and Daddy at Law if he had come inside, and they said he was running across the yard the last time they saw him.  (Really, guys, that didn't strike you as odd? Papallama said I had never lost a child before, so he wasn't worried.)

Be still my heart!  No sign of P anywhere in the yard.  Now, he loves to hide, but I could tell he wasn't on the property.  You just know these things.  So I started yelling for him.  I thought I heard a reply, but it was WAY too far off to make me feel any better.  I took off across the yard, through the woods, and onto the street behind our house.  (See why Grammy has to run?)

Sure enough, four houses away on the street behind us, there was my sweet P.  With Suzie.   Did he get a scolding? Oh, yeah,  Did he understand?  Mmm, a little.  But Suzie had disappeared and he was on a mission to find her. 

That's one more difference in girls (mine, anyway) and boys.  My girls would have never left the yard, much less run through any size, shape, or form, of woods to chase a dog.  But then, you know what boys are made of, right?

Snips, and snails, and puppy dog tails~

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm glad I have daughters AND granddaughters! Can imagine how you felt.

    ReplyDelete