November 21, 2010

Chapter Two


Being a first time Grammy has definitely been a new adventure.  It is so different from being the mom.  I love the time I get to spend with PDub, and he is my best little buddy in all the world. 

Now it is time to begin a new chapter, Chapter Two.  The one I should title, 'Mama Cat'.  Yes, Aunt Cat and Uncle Jaybird are going to have their very own baby!  I will keep you posted on the milestones, but just to get you started, I can tell you they have heard its little heartbeat.  (Awwww...)  And it has little fingernails and toenails now.  Cat has outgrown her britches already, but you wouldn't know it to look at her.  But tell her she is showing.  She'll like that. 

ABC, Baby Me!
I already have a book for Baby H, too.  I won it at one of my favorite blogspots, PB JunkiesAlicia Padrón illustrated ABC Baby Me! by Susan B. Katz.  "Adore me, Bathe me, Cuddle me, too, Diaper me, Encourage me, Fix my Boo..."  I love the multicultural babies that Alicia drew and the fact that she included GRANDPARENTS in her illustrations!  It won't take any time before Baby H will be able to relate to all the activities in this sweet board book.  I am giving this signed copy to Cat, but I will be giving this at all baby showers from now on.  It's the perfect gift for new mommies and babies.  Thank you, Alicia, for getting this wonderful book to me all the way from Venezuela!

Chapter Two.  I can't wait.  This is one time I won't skip to the end of the book to peek.  I am enjoying this adventure one grandchild at a time!

It's a page turner!~

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this lovely post and for participating in the book celebration week! A big hug to you and your family and congratulations again on the new baby to come! What a blessing that is.. :o)

    ReplyDelete