February 6, 2011

Heaven is Nesting

In a recent devotional by Max Lucado, he wrote about how Heaven celebrates the arrival of a newly departed loved one.  If that's the case, then Heaven is nesting right now. 

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." John 14:3 (New International Version)


Florence ~
She never let any harm come
to Evelyn when she was young.
 Heaven is nesting for the arrival of Evelyn.  Unlike earthly mothers, the angels do not have to guess her due date.  They were given her exact arrival time by her heavenly Father on the day of her creation.  The pink streamers are being hung. The guests are gathering: her mother, Sally, her grandparents, Asa and Florence, her son, Jay, her brothers and sisters. The infant son she never held on Earth waits for his mommy's heavenly birth. Oh, what rejoicing there will be! The material treasures she collected will be replaced by heavenly favors. Blow out the candle. The wish for peace of mind...granted. Her frail earthly body is replaced with her heavenly birthday suit.

Would I like for her to stay here with me? Absolutely! 
Do I want things to stay the same? Can they?
Would I keep her from this celebration? (as if I could)
I would be tempted, but I hope I love her enough to let her go. 

I think my time would be better spent saying farewell.

Goodbye, Mama. Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment