June 8, 2010

Let's Hear It for the Boys!


Father's Day is fast approaching and I wanted to cue you in on some great books about Dads.  I love my Dad to bits!  He's 85, still practices law, listens to me when I seek his advice, laughs at my jokes, cheers me and my family on, and never ceases to surprise me.  As we like to say in our family, "They don't make 'em like that anymore!"  And Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband, who set THE perfect example of a loving and supportive father for our two daughters.  He ROCKS!
Just Me and My Dad (Little Critter) (Look-Look)

Little Critter Books stay a child's favorite for a long time.  I can remember fourth graders who still craved them.  They are sweet and get the message across without needing much text. 

The Fathers Are Coming Home


The Fathers Are Coming Home is a new release and one of the best books about fathers out there right now.  Perfect for our time and our fathers in service.

I Love My Daddy

I Love My Daddy, by Sebastien Braun, gets wonderful reviews from parents and grandparents of toddlers.  I am seriously thinking about this one for a Father's Day gift since I already have The Fathers are Coming Home.


A Perfect Father's Day
This is a strong contender for my Father's Day gift, too, for my own father.  Seems the little girl in the book plans all the things her dad will love to do on Father's Day.  Even though, they are really her favorite things, Dad makes her feel like it is the best day ever.  My dad would do that. 


Thank you, Daddy

~Grammy


1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen that Mercer Mayer book in years! It was one of our daughter's favorites.

    ReplyDelete