January 25, 2011

I Want My Grammy!

Just Grandma and Me (Little Critter) (Pictureback(R))
I got an audio the other day from Mama at Law.  I wish I could play it for you, but I am not that tech savvy.  PDub was crying for me.  "I want Grammy!" with big sobs.  "You want Grammy?" asked Mama at Law.  "Uh huh, I want my Grammy!" he cried again.  Then seeing Mama at Law with her iphone in hand and without missing a beat, he cried, "I want Dumbo!", the video he watches on her phone on the way to school.  Oh well, it was sweet while it lasted, and it was hard to hear him cry for me and not be able to reach out and say, "It's okay. I'm here.  Always."

I think I know what triggered this sudden desire for me.  I shipped the LMNoPeas book directly to him, and it had arrived after his bedtime.  When Mama at Law went in to see him the next morning, she delivered the book and said, "Look! Grammy sent you a book!"  Imagine being a two year old and having Grammy give you a book.  There is only one way that could be.  Grammy is here in the house!  How cruel he must have thought I was not to even speak to him before he left for school!  Breaks my heart.  I guess I need to find a book about the post office for him now.

My love for PDub is very special, and I, too, sometimes feel like crying, "I want my PDub!" Like now..

~waaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment